MyFriendsRoom Terms of App and Website use
Other applicable terms
- Our Terms and Conditions of Supply of Services which set out the services we offer to you and limits our liability to you.
Information about us
Both our website http://www.myfriendsroom.com and our app MyFriendsRoom are operated by My Friends Room Limited, a private limited company registered in England with company number 09631890 and registered address at 160 Park Road, London, England, N8 8JT. Our main trading address is at the same address.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our app or site
We may update our App or Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our App or Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our App or Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our app or site
Our app or site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our app or site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our app or site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our app or site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our app or site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our app or site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our App or Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our App or Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our app or site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Your Intellectual Property Rights
You own all of the content and information you post on our App or Site. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, such as photos and text (IP content), you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with our Services (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, which may apply, to our app or site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our App or Site.
We do not guarantee that our App or Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our App or Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our App or Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our App or Site, the server on which our App or Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our app or site. You must not attack our App or Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our App or Site will cease immediately.
Prohibited uses of our app or site
You may use our App or Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our app or site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material, which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our App or Site;
- any equipment or network on which our App or Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our App or Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our app or site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our app or site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our app or site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material, which you contribute to our App or Site (Contributions), including but not limited to information provided by you about your property and accommodation; and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material, which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material, which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of our app or site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our App or Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our app or site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Linking to our app or site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our app or site in any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our app or site other than that set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
“MY FRIENDS ROOM” is a registered trade mark of My Friends Room Limited. Unauthorised use of the trade mark would constitute a violation of our intellectual property rights.
To report misuse, any concerns or for further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our App or Site.